A project for those fabric scraps… or an old t-shirt =) Thanks to Homemade Mamas for the inspiration~
This headband and necklace is based on the classic double coin knot – a simple and elegant design.
- Old t-shirt or knit jersey fabric scraps (8% spandex)
- Matching thread
- Cut two strips of fabric with dimensions 3 cm x 170 cm. Shorter strips of fabric can be sewn together to make the 170 cm strip.
- Pull the fabric strip lengthwise so that it curls naturally into a rope.
- Using both fabric ropes, make the double coin knot (the diagrams above demonstrate how to make the knot using one fabric rope; but the principle is the same using two fabric ropes).
- Adjust the double coin knot and sew the knot at the back to secure its position.
- Sew the ends of the ropes together so that the fabric rope is continuous.
- To wear the headband/ necklace, twist the fabric ropes into 3 loops. Then fold the side loops onto the middle loop.
Please feel free to comment if you have any questions~
Soli Deo Gloria